Wednesday, April 7, 2010

GOOGLE PRESENTATION

I am always astounded to hear how many people have trouble performing operations on fractions. Even some math majors and engineers seem almost scared and intimidated by them--not that they cannot perform the operation. I have even heard that some elementary teachers do not like fractions, so they hurry along through the chapter, and the children never really see them again. This makes me sick! Those teachers need to do their job so that these children can perform these simple operations in middle and high school.

I am not saying I absolutely love fractions. Instead I am saying that they are out there, so we might as well make the best of them. I have composed a Google Presentation on Fractions. I explain what exactly a fraction is and how to perform different operations on fractions. I hope this helps people of all ages feel confident while working with fractions.

No comments:

Post a Comment